– 9-4-06 (7:12PM EDT)—- Web Newtype interviews the cast of GONZO’s new TV animation series Pumpkin Scissors. Premiere is set for October.
– 9-4-06 (7:09PM EDT)—- Yahoo Streaming will freely deliver a preview of Katsuhiro Otomo’s FREEDOM OVA between the 18th – 24th of September. The prequel story DVD “FREEDOM Previsited” will retail for 1,575 Yen with an October 27 release. DVD Vol. 1 will retail at 3,990 Yen and is now scheduled for release at the end of November. To commemorate the 35th anniversary of Nissin Foods Cup Noodle the 24-minute first volume will also be available free of charge during the the first ten days of November. A FREEDOM screening party will occur in Palette Town, September 17-18.
– 9-3-06 (5:32PM EDT)—- The DVD “Animelo Summer Live 2006 -OUTRIDE-” featuring the concert festival of anime theme songs held at Nippon Budoukan on July 8, 2006 will be released from King Records and the Victor entertainment in Japan on December 21st. Retail is 5040 Yen. The set will contain four and a half hours of performances by Masami Okui, JAM Project, Nana Mizuki, Naozumi Takahashi, Kuribayashi Minami, Chihiro Yonekura, ALI PROJECT, savage genius, AKENN with The NaB’s and more. Extras include artist rehearsals and backstage footage.
– 9-3-06 (4:16PM EDT)—- The upcoming Rozen Maiden Ouburture special will feature an opening song by ALI PROJECT. The broadcast is expected at year’s end.
– 9-3-06 (2:39PM EDT)—- Nikkan Sports has an update on Paprika at Italy’s Venice Film Festival. It’s said the film was spoken very highly of from spectators and media alike. The main theater built to hold 1000 where it was shown was filled to overcapacity. 1060 tickets sold out in less than an hour. A 5 minute standing ovation followed the screening. SONY Pictures has high expectations being quoted as saying “There is a possibility of receiving some prizes”. Prizes will be announced on September 9th. You can catch another view of Director Satoshi Kon following the event at Tokyo Shimbun.
– 9-3-06 (2:16PM EDT)—- Due on Japanese newstands in less than 1 week, some advertisements for the October, 2006 edition of Newtype Magazine have been circulating around hyping their big Evangelion scoop. The cover will supposedly read ‘REBUILD OF EVANGELION’.
– 9-3-06 (2:10AM EDT)—- eg has images and a report from a “NHK Ni Yokouso” fan event held in Akihabara on August 27th. A number of cast and staff were on hand to talk to fans.
– 9-3-06 (2:06AM EDT)—- Web Newtype has images and details of a talk event featuring the main cast of “Naruto” held August 4th in Tokyo.
– 9-3-06 (1:50AM EDT)—- According to Bandai Visual their upcoming R2 DVD-BOX release of the 7 episode AIKa OVA will feature video created using a HD Telecine of the original 35mm film. Look for the BOX on January 26, 2007 for 16,800 Yen. Creditless openings and audio commentary are special features.
– 9-3-06 (1:46AM EDT)—- As High Definition Video Disc Media Creeps Closer A Number Of Series Are Going For Their Last Stab In The Japanese Market On DVD. Bandai Visual Is Giving Fans A Chance To Get All 6 Episodes Of Blue Submarine No. 6 In A 2 Disc Set For 10,395 Yen. The Release Will Occur On 12/22/06. Watch Impress Has Details.
– 9-3-06 (1:23AM EDT)—- Dengeki Online: Final Episode Of “Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni” TV Anime Recorded. Dengeki Has An Image Of The 7 Main Cast Members On The Occasion And Records Their Thoughts On The 26 Episode Studio Deen Work. The Episode Brodacasts via Kansai Telecasting Corporation on September 27th at 2:00.
– 9-3-06 (1:03AM EDT)—- The duo Porno Graffiti will perform the ending theme of the “Ayakashiayashi” TBS TV anime series which debuts in October. The single including the song “Winding Road” will go sale on October 4th. The group first drew acclaim in the anime world after performing the theme of Full Metal Alchemist In 2003. That single sold 500,000 units. The announcement was first hinted at a July 22nd concert in front of 60,000 fans. A 20 page special booklet will come with the single. The corresponding music video and jacket design will be heavily influenced by the animation.
– 9-3-06 (12:35AM EDT)—- Chunichi Shimbun: Forget Crop Circles From Orbs Of Light, Black Helicopters, Doug & Dave And the Aliens, a Japanese kindergarten has created a stunning image of Anpanman in an adjacent rice field. It’s said that parts of the image will change color over time (the cheeks will turn red showing the character’s trademark blush) as the crops there begin to bear fruit. Harvesting is scheduled for the first ten days of October.
– 9-2-06 (11:18PM EDT)—- T.M. Revolution front man Takanori Nishikawa is currently celebrating 10 years since his professional debut. His newly formed band which include guitarist Hiroshi Shibasaki of WANDS fame, the “Abingdon Boys School” will provide a theme to the D Gray Man TV anime which will debut on TV Tokyo this October.
– 9-2-06 (7:12PM EDT)—- Black Blood Brothers To Broadcast And Be Available Online Simultaneously
– 9-3-06 (2:01PM EDT)—- German online magazine AnimeY reports Wedding Peach creator Nao Yazawa will visit the Frankfurter Buchmesse bookfair in Germany which takes place October 4th-8th, 2006. There she will participate in a conference, as well as doing book-signings.Source: www.animey.net/news/1241 Special Thanks To Mica.
– 9-2-06 (9:20PM EDT)—- Asahi Shimbun has a review of Enterbrain and marginal’s occult / mystery manga “Astral Project Gatsu No Hikari”.